- Party at the Palace, Linlithgow
- 8th to 9th August. Headliners - Travis, Nile
Rodgers, Julie Fowlis, Justin Currie, The Feeling,
- The Stopover Festival, Rothiemurchus
Cairngorms (NEW) - 31st July and 1st August. Headlined by Mumford & Sons and their new album. Also with Primal Scream,
The Maccabees, Ben Howard, Lianne La Havas and Honeyblood will also be
performing at the 25,000-ticket event. http://www.gentlemenoftheroad.com/stopovers/aviemore/
- Boswell Book Festival - the World's Only Festival of Biography
and Memoir. May
10th at Dumfries house Ayrshire. Jung Chang, author of international bestseller Wild Swans (yet to be
published in China) will talk
about her remarkable life, family and works. Plus many more authors.
'Moa ordered the flowers pulled up
from the ground; Empress Cixi wore them in her hair.'
- Mugstock Festival (new), at Mugdock country park north of Milngavie - 7th to 9th August. Orkestra del Sol, Preston
Reid, Siohban Wilson. http://www.mugstock.org/
Other festivals include - Belladrum Tartan heart festival 6th - 8th August west of Inverness. Kaiser Chiefs, Manic Street Preacher,
Wickerman in Ayrshire with the Waterboys. Sadly no Rockness in 2015.
T In The Park, the biggest weekend Scottish summer festival, has now moved to a new site at Strathallan Castle, while there are problems with ospreys nests. http://www.tinthepark.com/